Purpose & Responsibilities/Activities
The Stewardship Committee is one of the standing committees of the Saint Cecilia Parish Pastoral Council. The Committee was formed in June, 2010, with members appointed by the pastor. The committee meets monthly; the contact person is Bill Haas (232-7138).
Brief descriptions of the purpose and responsibilities of the Stewardship Committee are given below:
The purpose of the Stewardship Committee is to encourage parishioners to practice stewardship as an expression of gratitude to God and as a way of life for disciples of Christ.
- To foster a sense of belonging to and “ownership” of the parish.
- To view evangelization as essential to stewardship and to assist with evangelization efforts in the parish.
- To encourage all committees, groups, families, and individuals to center themselves in prayer, especially prayer of gratitude.
- To provide education about stewardship to parish leadership/committees and to all parishioners.
- To call parishioners to the practice of stewardship as a way of life.
- To call the parish itself to the practice of stewardship.
- To collaborate with all other standing committees and ministries in assessing the ministry needs of the parish.
- To draw forth the stewardship of treasure of all parishioners.
- To draw forth the stewardship of time and talent of all parishioners.
- To facilitate parish publicity and communications.
- To collaborate with the parish life committee in providing organized hospitality and orientation for new parishioners.
- To regularly evaluate stewardship and ensure its vitality.
- To select a member of the committee to be an ex-officio voting member of the Pastoral Council.
More complete specification of the purpose and responsibilities for the Stewardship Committee can be seen on pages 36 and 37 of the Archdiocese of Dubuque MANUAL FOR PARISH PASTORAL COUNCILS.
Since its founding, the committee has devoted its time to:
- prayer and study on the subject of stewardship, with guidance provided by Scripture, the U.S. Bishops’ pastoral letter on stewardship, Stewardship – A Disciple’s Response, A Pastoral Letter on Stewardship, and A Guide for the Formation and Education of a Parish or Cluster Stewardship Committee, provided by the Office of Stewardship, Archdiocese of Dubuque.
- completing a Parish Stewardship Assessment; and
- developing an annual stewardship action plan for the parish (based largely on guidance from the book, Making Stewardship A Way of Life, by Andrew Kemberling and Mila Glodava) and seeking support for that plan from the Pastor and the Parish Pastoral Council.
Future activities will focus on implementation of the stewardship action plan.
Other Stewardship links:
Membership & Contact Info
Reports concerning Stewardship Committee activities are generally included in the meeting minutes of the Parish Pastoral Council.
To view the Stewardship Committee reports, click the tab for year you wish to view, then click the date of the report you wish to view.
All of the files below require Adobe Reader to view. Click here to download Adobe Reader.